The Classroom Assessment Standards for PreK-12 Teachers are intended to provide classroom teachers in pre-kindergarten through high school with research-based principles and guidelines for effective assessment of student learning. These standards are not intended to apply to standardized tests, but instead may be used to help guide strategies for tracking or assessing student abilities at the classroom level.
The Classroom Assessment Standards for PreK-12 Teachers are now available on Amazon.com in a Kindle format! No Kindle e-reader is needed; just download the free Kindle app on any device (iPhone, Android, iPad, computer, etc.) to be able to easily refer to these guidelines and principles for sound classroom assessment.
- Preparing pre-service teachers
- Professional development for in-service teachers
- Understanding assessment practices for teacher evaluations and feedback by principals, mentors and other supervisors
- Individual use by teachers who want to improve their practice
- F1 Assessment Purpose
- F2 Learning Expectations
- F3 Assessment Design
- F4 Student Engagement in Assessment
- F5 Assessment Preparation
- F6 Informed Students and Parents/Guardians
- U1 Analysis of Student Performance
- U2 Effective Feedback
- U3 Instructional Follow-Up
- U4 Grades and Summary Comments
- U5 Reporting
- Q1 Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Q2 Exceptionality and Special Ed
- Q3 Unbiased and Fair Assessment
- Q4 Reliability and Validity
- Q5 Reflection
The full work should be cited as follows:
Klinger, D.A., McDivitt, P.R.,Howard, B.B., Munoz, M.A., Rogers, W.T., & Wylie, E.C. (2015). The Classroom Assessment Standards for PreK-12 Teachers. Kindle Direct Press.